The NDCTWS presents awards to recognize and commend outstanding achievements in wildlife-related activities in North Dakota.
- The NORTH DAKOTA AWARD is presented to an individual for outstanding contribution to the profession of wildlife management.
- The NORTH DAKOTA WILDLIFE HABITAT AWARD is presented to an individual or group that has made an outstanding contribution toward preserving and/or establishing high quality wildlife habitat.
- The NORTH DAKOTA CASE OF THE YEAR AWARD is presented to the person(s) primarily responsible for the conviction of persons guilty of a serious natural resource violation.
- The STUDENT AWARDS are presented to outstanding undergraduate natural resource students attending University of Mary, University of Jamestown, United Tribes Technical College, Dakota College at Bottineau, North Dakota State University (NDSU), Sitting Bull College, University of North Dakota (UND), and Valley City State University. In addition, two outstanding graduate students awards (one from NDSU and one from UND) are presented each year.
- Other awards may be given to individuals or groups that show outstanding achievements in wildlife-related fields.
2020 North Dakota Award – Merle Bennett
2020 North Dakota Wildlife Habitat Award – Craig Larson
2020 Charles V. Pulver North Dakota Case of the Year Award – Jim Burrud, Mike Raasakka
2020 Bill Bicknell Legacy Scholarship – UND Student Chapter of The Wildlife Society
2020 Past President’s Award – Patsy Crooke
Outstanding Graduate Student Awards – 2020
Megan Zopfi, UND
Hanna Karevold, NDSU
Outstanding Undergraduate Student Awards – 2020
Chelsea Berg, UND
Lacy Walerius, NDSU
Morgan Gentzkow, VCSU