The NDCTWS presents awards to recognize and commend outstanding achievements in wildlife-related activities in North Dakota.
- The NORTH DAKOTA AWARD is presented to an individual for outstanding contribution to the profession of wildlife management.
- The NORTH DAKOTA WILDLIFE HABITAT AWARD is presented to an individual or group that has made an outstanding contribution toward preserving and/or establishing high quality wildlife habitat.
- The NORTH DAKOTA CASE OF THE YEAR AWARD is presented to the person(s) primarily responsible for the conviction of persons guilty of a serious natural resource violation.
- The STUDENT AWARDS are presented to outstanding undergraduate natural resource students attending University of Mary, University of Jamestown, United Tribes Technical College, Dakota College at Bottineau, North Dakota State University (NDSU), Sitting Bull College, University of North Dakota (UND), and Valley City State University. In addition, two outstanding graduate students awards (one from NDSU and one from UND) are presented each year.
- Other awards may be given to individuals or groups that show outstanding achievements in wildlife-related fields.
2019 North Dakota Award – Bill Jensen
2019 North Dakota Wildlife Habitat Award – Jay Fuhrer
2019 Charles V. Pulver North Dakota Case of the Year Award – N/A
2019 Bill Bicknell Legacy Scholarship – UND Student Chapter of the Wildlife Society Leadership Board
2019 Past President’s Award – Rick Warhurst
2019 Student Awards:
Tanner Stechmann, UND-Graduate Student
Dustin Toy, NDSU-Graduate Student
Stephanie Honcherenko, UND
Jordan Malchose, NDSU
Colton Soiseth, Dakota College at Bottineau
Ellen Anderson, VCSU
Lorne Jay, UTTC
Bryce Peters, UMary
Teagan Skunberg, U of Jamestown
Kylee Harrison, Sitting Bull College
June Levine (UND), Best Graduate Poster
Tanner Stechmann (UND), Best Student Paper
Brianna Kulla – Annael Kiran – Hamish Mills, (U of Jamestown), Best Undergraduate Poster